Monday 20 April 2009

fifty three: Tinashé

On a reccomendation from Fucking Dance's Jamila, I listened to Tinashé last night as I was preparing for bed. Spreading over a variety of genres, Tinashé (remember that accent!) isn't ashamed to admit he loves pop music. This becomes apparent in his songs that instantly burst with versatilty and will put a smile on anyone's face.
The slightly more melancholy Hugo may be the anomaly in this equation, however. The story of a boy's strife at the fact his mother does not love him, it tugs at the heartstrings with harmonies and puppy dog lyrics. It affects the listener much more deeply than the run-of-the-mill boy loses girl songs you hear.

Personal favourite (I think, it's kind of hard to decide) Saved takes the listener into the subversive story of an angel, striving to convert the heathens of the world. I tell you, you'll be clicking your heels within seconds of the "oo"-ing intro.

3 comments:

jamila FUCKING DANCE said...

brap. did you rip that mp3? i did email his management for a track to post up but wasn't allowed :(

machin said...

Oops I don't usually ask permission, and yeah I did, I'll take it down tomorrow, limited streaming and all that jazz. Brilliant song in any case!

Emma said...

Awesome entry. I like them a lot. :)