Wednesday 2 July 2008

two: Alessi

Creative writing is one of those things which is always put about as something much simpler than I see it as. We're surrounded by poetry and some spot it much more easily than others. Alessi is one of those effortless poets.

Naivety is a quality that many don’t look for in people today. For me, Alessi is that missing exception. The 17-year old Londonian girl has recently supported artists such as Laura Marling in Glasgow and has an album in the pipeline, set for release in September.

Her music speaks of beautiful boys, dangling solar systems above wicker beds and kite flying. I find myself so overwhelmed by the sheer scale of her imagery that I find myself closing my eyes just to savour the intricate details that split second longer. Naivety would come into this because the ideas seem so simple and pure that you find yourself associating them with childhood and the seeming simplicity of it. The lyrical style is unique to Alessi, and Alessi alone. I’ve never heard anything so astonishingly beautiful in all my years of listening from such a young age.

I give you Alessi's dublab session (right click+save).

No comments: